(Ancestry.com, "1841 England Census," database online, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, Ancestry.com. (www.ancestry.com.au : accessed 3 Feb 2013), entry for The Mathew family; Parish: Tresmeer; County: Cornwall Class: HO107/14/:; Page: 7)
- Uriah Mathew,65, Farmer
- Catharing Mathew, 50,
- William Mathew,25
- Catharine Mathew, 20
- Thomas Mathew,15,
- Sally Mathew, 15,
- Uriah Mathew,13
(Source:- Ancestry.com, "1841 England Census," database online, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, Ancestry.com. (www.ancestry.com.au : accessed 1 Jan 2010), entry for Philip & Mary Ebbott & family, Tressmeer, line 19 - 24, Parish: Tresmeer; County: Cornwall; PRO HO107/134/14/: ; Page: 7. )
- Philip Ebbott aged 65, Farmer
- Mary Ebbott aged 55
- Wilmit Ebbott, aged 85, Ind
- Henry Ebbott, aged 20, Tailor
- Gregory Ebbott, aged 20
- William Ebbott, aged 11
- William Congdon, aged 20, Male Servant
- William Cory, aged 15, Servant
- John Reed, aged 11, Male Servant
- Elizabeth French, aged 15, Female Servant
- Mary A. Rundle, aged 20, Female Servant
- Henry Harris, aged 7, male servant
“At Northpetherwin, on Tuesday last, Mr, Gregory EBBOTT, of Trerummer, in the parish of Tresmeer, yeoman, to Miss MATTHEW, of the same parish.”the church in which the event took place has yet to be identified.
- In the 1851 Census Catherine is living with her parents and eldest daughter, Carolene who was 5 years old. Carolene was listed in the census as being born in America. Although Catherine is listed as married her husband is not present.
Cornwall Online Census Project-1851 (Transcript of Piece HO107/1899 (Tresmeer & Tremaine); Enumeration District 3 & 5; Civil Parish of Tresmeer accessed http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~kayhin/51899a.html#ED3 on Friday 22 July 2005).
- In 1861 Catherine appears to be living by herself in the house next to her parents.
Cornwall Online Census Project—1861 Transcript of Piece RG9/1518 (Part 2) (Folio 49 Page 8, Enumeration District 4, Civil Parish of Egloskerry, Eccl. Parish of -).
- In 1871 Catherine is still listed as married but is living by herself and listed as an annuitant
Ancestry.com. 1871 England Census[database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004. Original data: Census Returns of England and Wales, 1871. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO), 1871. Class: RG10; Piece: 2223; Folio: 62; Page: 12;
- In 1881 - Catherine is living by herself next to the Bluett family still married but still no husband listed and she is listed as retired.
Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 1881 England Census[database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004. 1881 Class: RG11; Piece: 2275; Folio: 47; Page: 1
- In 1891 Catherine is 73 Living On Her Own Means
Cornwall Online Census Project—1891, Transcript of Piece RG12/1802 (Folio 43 Page 7 Enumeration District 1, Civil Parish of North Petherwin, Eccl. Parish of North Petherwin).
- In 1901 Visiting John & Elizabeth Fryan and listed as single.
Ancestry.com. 1901 England Census[database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005. Original data: Census Returns of England and Wales, 1901. Class: RG13; Piece: 2182; Folio: 6; Page: 3