Monday 21 January 2013

Converting research into stories is it possible?

Last year I created one of my first “lists” on the State Library of Victoria TROVE  website entitled Ebbott, John (Junior) bornCornwall, son of John Ebbott & Sarah Bone it now contains 250 items arising from Australian newspapers and other resources that I have linked in.

© 2013 Pixabay - Public Domain Images
I have discovered all sorts of unknown things about my 3x great grandfather that I didn't know; cleared up old mysteries and discovered some new ones.  It has been a very rewarding process, I am very fortunate to have so much information but it has also been overwhelming.

So now I have decided that using the resources that I have drawn together in my TROVE list. I am going to join “The 2013 Family History Writing Challenge” which begins on the 1 February 2013 and runs for 28 days.

My chosen narrative will be to write in blog form, and the focus will be John Ebbott and his family, as a blog is “means of sharing their stories with the world but also for seeking out distant cousins” according to 3rd Annual Family History Writing Challenge  newsletter I received yesterday.   

I invite anyone who is interested to come and watch my progress at my blog The Life Of John Ebbott and to check out the associated list at My Trove List for John Ebbott  or if you feel so included join me in the challenge at The Family History Writing Challenge  but don't visit me at in the blogosphere cheer me along and let me know how I'm going - during the month of February 2013 

1 comment:

  1. Quantitative research involves gathering absolute data and examining it in an ... data, so that it can be examined in as unbiased a manner as possible. ... Instead, qualitative research may yield stories, or pictures, or descriptions of ... Qualitative (1) is based to make hypothesis like woman like chocolate more than men. Visit studentresearchjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message